"This article is a stub. You can help (pronoun) by adding to it."
by Jesse Waters
Jesse Waters was Runner-up for the Iowa Review Prize, finalist in the Glimmer Train 2003 Poetry Open and The Davoren Hanna International Poetry Contest, recipient of a NC Artists' Grant to attend the Vermont Studio Center and a winner of the 2001 River Styx International Poetry Contest. Jesse Waters' fiction, poetry and non-fiction work has appeared in such journals as 88: A Journal of Contemporary Poetry, The Adirondack Review, Coal Hill Review, The Cortland Review, Cimarron Review, Concrete Wolf, Iowa Review, Plainsongs, Magma, River Styx, Slide, Southeast Review, Sycamore Review and others. "Götterdämmerung" is part of Jesse's book Jewboy, to be released by Bedouin Books in 2011.
1. Birth is the process in
1.animals by which an offspring is expelled from the body of its mother. Different forms of birth are ovipary, vivipary or ovovivipary. In some ancient cultures, birth is referred to as primoris rutilis mico, πρώτη κόκκινη λάμψη, or ןצחל םודא קזבה: First red flash.
– Jesse Waters was born on November 17, 1970 in Los Angeles, CA to Laura J.(Powell) Waters (b. 10/20/47, New York, NY). A few months later he ate his mother’s Big Apple© lipstick. That is his first memory. Big Apple© must have looked like what his brain had learned, in the womb, what sweet was. It was wrong.
– Spiritual Meanings
: Virgin Birth is the Christian doctrine that asserts that Jesus Christ was born to a virgin, and thus that His conception was carried out without an earthly father.
– Jesse’s mother was pregnant with him (parentus absentus, or whatever the word is for lazy father, Jon Pariser [b.unknown]) when she married Dr. Harold Waters (b.7/25/42, Salt Lake City, UT). In Hebrew, Jesse means Elohim, or, ‘God Exists.’ Laura named him after Bob Dylan’s son.
: "Subterranean Homesick Blues" is:
1. A song written by Bob Dylan (born Robert Allen Zimmerman, 5/24/41, Duluth, MN) orig. released on the album Bringing It All Back Home in 1965. It was released on numerous other Dylan albums such as Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits.
2. The first song Jesse Waters (b. 11/17/70, Los Angeles, CA) ever got stoned to, marijuana supplied by (unknown), 8/84, rock jetty, Cape Charles, VA.
3. A song that has been proven to be very popular with other musicians. It has been covered by artists as diverse as:
Harry Nilsson and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
:FRAG ONE = = When Jesse Waters (b. 11/17/70, Los Angeles, CA) was 12 years old, he and his father Dr. Harold Waters (b. 7/25/42, Salt Lake City, UT) were sitting at the bar of the Tucson Cantina, Connecticut Ave., Washington, DC. Dr. Harold Waters ordered a martini, and two jalapeno peppers, as was his style, and sipping from the rim for lubrication, bit those peppers1 down like a god, and some lounge lizard at the 45∘ seat said, “Lemme buy your next drink,” and Jesse Waters loved his father dearly in that green flash of gin and heat.
Legal meanings --
1. Birthday is a day to celebrate that the person has survived a whole year without dying. It is an annual event based on the anniversary of a person's date of birth. A birthday is the date on which a person is born, marking the day a life outside the womb begins. It is customary in many cultures to celebrate the anniversary of one's birthday, for example by having a birthday party with family and/or friends. Gifts and cakes with yellow candles are often given to the person celebrating the birthday. It is also customary to treat people specially on their birthday, either generally acceding to their wishes, or subjecting them to a rite of transition (see esp. FRAG TWO) .
A nuclear family comprising the father, mother, brother or sister, is an institution where the members are related by birth.
Nuclear (IPA: /ˈ'nuklɛ?ɚ?, or /'nukulɝ?/) means relating to some sort of nucleus. It may mean or refer to: Atomic nucleus, Radioactive decay, Nuclear engineering, Nuclear fuel, nuclear fuel cycle, Nuclear navy, Nuclear reaction, Nuclear power, Nuclear power plant, Nuclear reactor, Nuclear warfare, Nuclear weapon. Great Yellow Flash. United States Naval reactor, Radioactive Waste.
In Sociology: Nuclear Family.
:FRAG TWO= = Jesse Waters (b. 11/17/70, Los Angeles, CA) attended his first sit-in on his first birthday (ca. 2months before eating his mother’s lipstick). A picture of this event shows Laura J. Waters (b.10/20/47, New York, NY), Dr. Harold Waters (b. 7/25/42, Salt Lake City, UT) and Jesse Waters from one point of view for the first time. Laura Waters and Dr. Harold Waters fell in love because (of):
– she loved his face, and gold tooth;
– he somehow knew then that she would be the only person in the world that beautiful and brilliant and willing to live with him for more than eight months in one stretch;
– she needed someone to help her learn to drive a standard shift and raise a son;
– revolution. Dr. Harold Waters (b. 7/25/42, Salt Lake City, UT) kicked ass, led sit-ins on the LA Freeway, announced in his UCLA valedictorians’ speech “Behind the Walls, Beyond the Barricades: Metastasis” that the country was creating, “professional people, and amateur human beings,” and was not allowed afterward to dine or speak with the visiting poet president, Leopold Sedar Senghor, CIA guards blocked his way. Laura J. Powell (whatever the word is for ‘soon-to-be’ Waters) (b. 10/20/47, New York, NY) just fell hard in love.
2. Love (also see wikify) is a condition or phenomenon of
1. Emotional primacy, or absolute value. It may mean or refer to: Courtly love (see esp. FRAG THREE), Self love (see esp. FRAG FIVE), Erotic love (see esp. FRAG THREE), Familial love (see esp. FRAG THREE), Free love, Platonic love (see esp. FRAG THREE and FRAG SIX FRAG), Puppy love (see esp. FRAG THREE), Religious love (see esp. FRAG THREE), Romantic love, True love (see esp. FRAG THREE), Unrequited love (see esp. FRAG THREE) and Lust love. Love generally includes an emotion of intense attraction to either another person, place, or thing, and may also include the aspect of caring for, or finding identification, with those objects (see esp. FRAG’s ONE and TWO).
Scientific views – Throughout history, predominantly,
1. philosophy and religion have speculated the most into the phenomenon of love. In the last century, the science of psychology has written a great deal on the subject. Recently, however, the sciences of evolutionary psychology, evolutionary biology, anthropology, neuroscience, and biology have begun to take center stage in discussion as to the nature and function of love. Psychologist Robert Sternberg created his Triangular theory of love and argued that love has three different components: Intimacy (1), Commitment(2), and Passion(3).
– (1) Jesse Waters (b.11/17/70, Los Angles, CA) first kissed a girl (unknown) on the playground of the Royal Oak Day School, Pittsburgh, PA, ca. 9/1/75. All the kids were daring them to do it, to do it with their tongues, and they did, and everyone screamed. (unknown) was wearing lipstick, or lipbalm. Jesse enjoyed the attention, and really enjoyed the kissing, but enjoyed the attention more.
(2) :FRAG THREE = = Jesse Waters (b. 11/17/70, Los Angeles, CA) loves the Pittsburgh Steelers, and cannot remember not loving them. The Waters Family (see Coneheads and FRAG TWO) lived in Pittsburgh, PA from 2/71 - 9/77 when Bradshaw, Swann, Lambert, Hamm, Blier, Harris, Michael Briere, Jean Provonost, Willie Stargell, Iron City Beer, Pittsburghese, and liverwurst and mustard sandwiches at Thomas and Cooncoe’s ruled the known (entry content under review; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for updates)
In psychology: Self-esteem or self-worth includes a person's subjective appraisal of himself or herself as intrinsically positive or negative to some degree (Sedikides & Gregg, 2003).
(2) Self-esteem involves both self-relevant beliefs (e.g., "I am competent/incompetent", "I am liked/disliked") and associated self-relevant emotions (e.g., triumph/despair, pride/shame). It also finds expression in behavior (e.g., assertiveness/timorousness, confidence/caution). In addition, self-esteem can be construed as an enduring personality characteristic (trait self-esteem) or as a temporary psychological condition (state self-esteem). Finally, self-esteem can be specific to a particular dimension (e.g., "I believe I am a good writer, and feel proud of that in particular")
:FRAG FOUR2 = = “This report is designed to show you the progress your child is making. We would like to call your attention to the fact that no two individuals are alike. Please do not, therefore, compare your child with other children, but measure him according to his own ability.” Margaret Mayberry (b. unknown), Teacher, Royal Oak Day School, Pittsburgh, PA, 11/75: A) Jesse has good potential. He plays with a variety of items from the shelf each day, and chooses those which can best be enjoyed when shared. At snack time, he is always the first to share his desire for cookies. B) Jesse is capable of following directions when given to the group as a whole, but often fails to then use the proper procedure necessary to crown an assignment correctly, or in a timely fashion. Jesse needs to improve his ability to control his emotions; he is happy when he is the leader of the project, but if another child wants to change the pattern or move to another activity, Jesse exhibits his frustration by crying, sulking, or striking out physically. C) Jesse's primary mode of communication is verbal. His speech is fluent and articulate. When he vents anger or frustration, the tone of his voice changes. His voice becomes extremely loud and high-pitched. D) Jesse has problems discerning certain shapes against others – lowercase ‘b' and lowercase ‘d,'circles and spheres, squares against rectangles. E) He gets himself ready for dismissal, and only needs help snapping his coat. Jesse knows the basic colors. He is showing daily improvements in his ability to cut with scissors.
Scientific Views (con’t): Biological/Social Models
(This article or section does not cite its references or sources. You can help Wikipedia by introducing appropriate citations).
Testosterone is a:
1. steroid hormone from the androgen group. Testosterone is primarily secreted in the testes of males and the ovaries of females although small amounts are secreted by the adrenal glands. It is the principal male sex hormone and an anabolic steroid. In both males and females, it plays key roles in health and well-being. Examples include enhanced libido, energy, and immune function, and protection against osteoporosis. On average, the adult male body produces about twenty times the amount of testosterone an adult female's body does.
– Jesse Waters (b.11/17/70, Los Angeles, CA) did – and does – what most boys (entry content under review; e-mail email@example.com for updates)
(1), (2), (3) :FRAG FIVE3 = = Something to Be Said For Self Gratification:
not often I think of my parents
while masturbating. I hope that doesn’t surprise you.
But lately my father has been slipping into my fantasies
it’s truly bizarre. There I’ll be, happily
inside that made prism, a faceless body of lust before me
at, say, a hotel room; Chevy back seat – cool, silk sheets, whatever
when from that motel room’s pleather chair
or turned around, arm over the headrest, my dad will say
How’s it going back there?” or “I’ll be in the head
if you need me.” With fierce passion and desperate
impatience I push him away, in my mind I tell him
to fuck off, like I did April of ‘79 on Lime Street
where he’d been teaching me to drive a standard shift.
My hand jerking the stick to all points of the compass,
clutch burning sickly sweet, I remember the spot of sweat
on the back of his neck as he popped the hood to check
a gasket, or plug – and I knew then it would take everything
I would ever have to match memory’s vast passion
for the random gracelessness, the flash of my silly little life.
We’ve all been caught with our hands down our pants
by figures who created us with that same, clean lust.
I won’t let it bring me down. If my brain
screws up once in a while and mistakes
love for love, that’s fine – it’s good, it’s enough.
3) Lipstick: (This article is about the cosmetic product. For the guitar pickup, see Lipstick (pickup). – A lipstick guitar pickup is a form of:
single-coil magnetic guitar pickup having its electronics totally encased in a chrome- plated metal tube. The lipstick-tube pickup was first introduced by Silvertone on their line of electric guitars marketed through Sears, Roebuck and Company department stores. The original lipstick-tube pickups were, in fact, manufactured using surplus lipstick tubes, and were featured on Silvertone, Danelectro, and the other guitar brands sold by in Sears, Roebuck stores. The current production pickups are not made using surplus lipstick tubes, but rather using tubes machined especially for guitar pickups. They are available either from Danelectro or from pickup maker Seymour Duncan.
:FRAG SIX = = Jesse Waters (b. 11/17/70) once sent Gene Simmons (b. Chaim Witz on August 25, 1949 in Haifa, Israel) of KISS a fan letter. It was written (ca. 10/4/78) on yellow unlined paper with red lipstick dots all around the edges. The Big Apple© spots had been drawn there by Jesse; at the bottom of the page he writes: “The red dots are blood!” Jesse did not receive a reply.
“”: is a cosmetic product for the lips that is richer in color and texture than lip gloss, primarily used to apply color to the lips. Most lipsticks are red or reddish, simulating the appearance of sexual arousal. A typical lipstick contains many chemical ingredients, principally pigments, oils, waxes, and emollients. Perfume and/or flavoring may be added to cover the odors and tastes of the other ingredients. Ancient Egyptians extracted purplish-red dye from fucus-algin, 0.01% iodine, and some bromine mannite, which resulted in serious illness. Cleopatra had her lipstick made from crushed carmine beetles, which gave a deep red pigment, and ants for a base. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a substance found in fish scales called pearlescence. Lipstick tastes like shit. Believe me – I know.
– The following pages link to Lipstick: Men in Black, Commandos, Sailor Starlights, Mouth, Homer Simpson (see esp. FRAG SEVEN), Geisha, Deathrock fashion, Cosmetics, First Red Flash©, Radio Frequency Identification, An American Family, Animal testing, Animal Testing in The American Family, Anne Bancroft, Cochineal Rite of passage, Anne Bancroft Animal Rites of Passage, Copper(II) carbonate, Lip gloss, Cantonese opera, Space burial. Glitter, Lip balm, Fairy Meat, Death of Adolf Hitler, Your mamma, The Blue Lagoon (1980 film), Max Hardcore, Helmet camera, Cockeyed.com, Lolita fashion, I Want Your Sex.
:FRAG SEVEN4 = = Homer Jay Simpson (born May 12, 1956,) is one of the main characters in the animated television series The Simpsons. Homer is the husband of Marge Simpson and the father of Bart Simpson, Lisa Simpson, and Maggie Simpson. Although he is often portrayed as gluttonous, lazy or simple-minded, there are times where he has shown amazing intelligence. Homer is a caring father and husband. In the years since The Simpsons first appeared on television, he has evolved into the personality of a loveable oaf. He is voiced by Dan Castellaneta (b. 10/29/57, Chicago, IL). Homer Simpson embodies a number of negative, working class, American stereotypes: he has a low-level job, he is crude and fairly uneducated, overweight, intolerant, inept, and a borderline alcoholic. On the other hand, Homer Simpson is sometimes unpredictably adaptable, quick-witted and capable. In 2002, Homer Simpson placed #2 on TV Guide's Top 50 Greatest Cartoon Characters of all time, only beaten by Bugs Bunny. In 2005, Homer Simpson was listed as number 5 on Bravo's 100 Greatest TV Characters, beating out beloved and respected characters like Columbo, Frasier Crane, Hawkeye Pierce, and James Kirk.Creator Matt Groening (b. 2/15/54, Portland, OR) has indicated that Homer is named after and loosely based on his own father, Homer Groening (b. unknown), who also gives his name to Groening's first son.
:FRAG SEVEN FRAG = = = = Jesse Waters (b. 11/17/70, Los Angeles, CA) is one of many Americans who loves Homer Simpson, believes The Simpsons represent much of (entry content under review; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for updates), and will be happy enough to have died having seen Simpsons Episode 2F14 in which Homer Simpson eats his wife Marge’s lipstick.
– Jesse Waters (b. 11/17/70, Los Angeles, CA) was in his home in Wilmington, NC, on 9/4/05, when his step-sister, Connie Caines (b. 11/6/65, Los Angeles, CA) called to tell him that his father, Harold Waters (b. 7/25/42, Salt Lake City, UT), had put the front end of a 12 gauge Mossberg shotgun under his chin, or in his mouth, and pulled the trigger:
– Suicide (from Latin sui caedere, to kill oneself) is the act of willfully ending one's own life. Suicide is sometimes used as a noun for one who has committed or attempted the act.
No single factor has gained acceptance as a universal cause of suicide. However, depression is a common phenomenon amongst those who commit suicide. Suicide can be stigmatized or honoured, depending on cultural context and its apparent reasons. Sufferers are sometimes wary of mental health professionals as they may feel that they lack empathy or might accuse them of trying to hurt the feelings of friends or family. Strictly, suicide is defined thus: the death of the person who commits suicide must be the central component and only intention of the act, rather than a secondary consequence of an act which is centrally motivated by religion, politics, etc.Defined as above, acts of suicide are necessarily committed only by human beings. No other known healthy organism possesses both the will and the capability to intentionally terminate its own life for the sole sake of death.
– Family members debated Dr. Waters’ reasoning for such an act. Jesse had known for some six years that this was the one and only way his father would be able to die (see esp. FRAG ONE; FRAG TWO, fifth feature; FRAG FIVE; ). A man who leads love-ins on the LA Freeway, swims across part of Utah’s Salt Lake in October (ca. 10/25/58) on a burger-shake-and-fries bet, has a gold tooth, and studies cancer for the government half of his life, eats jalapeno peppers like you eat Pringles©, bested polio at the age of five and added more quotations to his copy of Bartlett’s than the original author – this great being of light and heat and love and mind and flash and spirit-body only goes out the same way it comes in: primoris rutilis mico, πρώτη κόκκινη λάμψη, or ןצחל םודא קזבה: First red flash.
1RE: Homer Simpson, Guatemalan Insanity Peppers, Episode 3F23. NOTE: This footnote not applicable to last footnote; see any OTHER footnote.
2Formatting altered to suit readability.
3Yes, again. It’s the same one as before, but it’s a poem. Poems are strange interjections anyway – they’re reminders:
I’m so sorry Ammons is dead:
A New Walk (2), (3)
-for A.R. Ammons-
Albert Goldbarth asked me to name a great poet
on the Wednesday before you died,
and I forgot you and said, “John Milton.”
It’s true, I’d loved Milton
longer than you, and given the island
and one book only, well...
Your death could not be simple for me
like Milton’s, imagined and dry
as gold-leafed pages in leather:
It was cancer. It took life
while I was watching something else:
The wild yellow flash-daises, honeysuckle bushlimbs,
fluvio-glacial deposits, scattered cedarcone
I could only see, and not smell:
Fine, brown seedlings ground to grist:
The silent offering of your death.
But it isn’t time to let things be,
to let the draft-books fall –
the song’s improvident center
in me, still in you, still assures
the self that is ours, all of ours:
a new walk is a new walk.
4See any footnote but this one.
What did you think? Please send us your comments, including the name of the work you are commenting on.